yesterday but also feels like an eternity. I was reading in Kelsey's journal a couple days ago and she said, "When grandma died a year and a half ago, it really made me think how great of a day it will be when we all meet again. I'll be able to really meet grandpa. I really only know him from pics and stories."Ouch, I forget sometimes how young my children were. I'd give anything to have them know their grandpa. I found a poem this morning that really puts into words how I'm feeling today. . .
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
www.poemsource.com
I love and miss you daddy!

1 comment:
Wow..7 years?? I remember that so well..you were new in the ward and I remember how hard that was on you. Thanks for the reminder..always helps you to reflect on the ones you love.
Post a Comment