Friday, November 5, 2010

Derby and Spooks

Congratulations to Jake for taking FIRST PLACE at the Pine Wood Derby!! (Do I have to mention that it was actually Jake Finlinson that took first place?) Jake and Joe put blood, sweat and tears (well, not quite) into the Pine Wood Derby this year. They spent hours preparing for their first car ever. After several changes and tweaks, they were ready to go! The boys each got three runs down the track. First run, our car did not go so fast. Second run, our car threw a wheel into the audience. Before the third run there was a quick pit stop which included repairs with the hot glue gun. After repairs, they ran the second run again and third run. Jake's car was fast a furious after the repairs! Way to go boys. We're proud of you.
We had some crazy silly Halloween-ers this year. Morgan decided to join in on the nerd-herd....
Kelsey was a mad-hatter (and a dang cute one!)...
Jake was a ferocious werewolf...
And Joe and I, well, we feel like we're from the age of the dinosaurs, so why not act like it? We dressed up like Fred and Wilma.

Halloween was fun but it's always one holiday I'm happy to have over. No more sugar rush, no more headache and no more creepy spooks. Now on to the good stuff, like pie night, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Can I listen to Christmas music now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who cares which Jake it was!!! Congrats and I think the flying wheel was awesome! If your Jake had as much fun as mine did working with his dad it doesn't matter how they finished.

Julie Carlile said...

That is so funny about the car. I think I would have laughed if mine started falling apart. :) you all look so cute in your costumes. And you definitely should have borrowed Kambree to be your pebbles :)