Thursday, November 13, 2008

Preceptorship Assignment - Happy Day!


Though it may seem meaningless to some, today was an important day for me. At school we were chosen "lottery style," and then got to pick our preceptorship assignment for our last semester. (yes, I said LAST semester!!) There were only a few labor & delivery spots open and long story short, I got the L&D position I wanted and the hospital I wanted. Happy day.

This was really important to me as many people are hired into the position they do their preceptorship in. Also, this L&D business has been my dream since I was pregnant with Jake. This is the reason I've gone to school for the last 5 years. It's so cool to see all the stars align and your dream being fulfilled. Yea me.

2 comments:

Irlenborn family said...

Congrats!! I'm so glad you got the position you wanted AND that you only have 1 semester left!

Wendy W. said...

Thanks. Weren't you planning on going to medical school some day??